Shareholic

Thursday, November 16, 2017

How to represent to the bank, when the amount has been withdrawn from the account fraudulently using fake debit card?








How to represent to the bank, when the amount has been withdrawn from the account fraudulently using fake debit card?

Follow the procedure as per the stages mentioned below::

Step: 01

Contact your branch immediately either through helpline or email or in person and block your card for further use. The fraudster is having one duplicate card/cloned card and and also your PIN number stolen from your original card using skimming devices and  since he has full control over the duplicate card now he can change the PIN number like you at any time and it is nothing but a parallel card for your original card. The only way to protect the fraudster from using the fake card is to delink the original card from your bank account.. Once the original card is delinked from the system/server, the fake cards have no value. Delinking can be done by you since you have the authority to represent to your banker as the accountholder and not by the fraudster. You can block the card using toll free number/contacting the branch. Get the confirmation from the bank that your card had been blocked for further use. Once the entire issue is settled you can get another card or you can get another card in the meantime by payment of fees/without fees under the discretion of the branch manager.

In the meantime, if you have any transaction slips for the withdrawal entries or automated teller machine pass sheets, keep them in tact. Do not erase the message from your mobile number in regard to the SMS message received from the bank for withdrawals from your account and if possible you can generate screenshot print outs for the same. These records are more important for future use and without these records, you cannot establish your stand.

Step: 02

Prepare one letter in duplicate (as per Annexure 01 sent enclosed), fill the required details in the letter correctly, sign the letters and submit the same to the branch  and get the acknowledgment of the branch in the duplicate copy of the letter without fail and this is more important for further correspondence. Please note that in the case of any oral complaint, the branch may deny in future that you had not taken up the matter at the right time and they may also dispute that you had not submitted any complaint in this connection. Documentary proof is a must for these types of serious issues.  You can also submit the complaint to the bank branch nearer to you  in case your branch is far away from your place. You can also send the letter through email and the email correspondence will establish your intimation to the bank.

In case the branch manager is not willing to provide you the acknowledgment in the duplicate copy of the letter or in their own format for having received the complaint from you, send the letter as above with full details to the branch by registered post acknowledgment due (not by speed post or courier). This will serve the purpose of submitting the complaint to the branch and retain the copy of the letter and post office receipt intact for future correspondence.  

Wait for 15 to 20 days and now it is the turn for the branch to provide you a suitable reply. During this period, the branch should have refunded the amount to your account basing upon the representation submitted by you in person or through registered post and taking necessary action or they should have sent to you any reply refusing your case.

Step: 03

In case of non receipt of the disputed amount in your account or non receipt of any letter or any dispute over the transactions from your branch, now send a letter to the customer service section of the bank and their address is available from the bank website and the letter has to be sent by registered post acknowledgment due (not by courier or speed post). For this purpose use Annexure 02. The customer service section on receipt of your representation will instruct the branch to act immediately and settle the dispute.

Wait for 15 to 20 days and in case the bank had not taken any steps to re credit the amount to your account or they had not sent any reply to your representation sent to the customer service section, you have to send a letter to banking ombudsman

Step: 04

Banking Ombudsman is an authority established by Reserve Bank of India to deal with the complaints received from the customers of the bank in regard to various issues and settle the complaints as early as possible.

As of now you have not received any letter from the customer service section of the bank or you have received the reply and it is not helpful to you and the bank denies their responsibility in refunding the amount to you and now send a letter to Banking Ombudsman as per the jurisdiction of your bank branch (Use Annexure 3 for this purpose enclosed herewith)

You can get the address of the banking ombudsman using the following link through  google search engine and you have to furnish the details of transactions and the details of complaints sent to the bank branch and the customer service section of the bank. You have to enclose the copies of all earlier correspondence with the bank branch and customer service section in this connection.

Important:

You have to follow up the matter vigorously with the branch officials and it is your money and you have every right to fight for your money and the amount can be as little as Rupees one.  Do not leave your struggle in between.

Keep the copies of all correspondence safely till the issue is settled and you may require them at a later stage for making further complaints to the next authorities.

Warning:
·         You should be genuine and honest and you should not raise a false complaint and in such cases you will end in trouble and there are chances of imprisonment for such false complaints

Last remedy:

·         In case you are not able to get any reply from the branch/customer service section/banking ombudsman;
·         You had received the reply from the branch/customer service section/banking ombudsman; however, you are not able to get your money back;
·         Now you have to take up the matter with District Consumer Forum at your area and this will cost you since you have to employ one lawyer
·         Even you can send a representation to the Finance Ministry; however, after exhausting all your efforts as mentioned in the abovementioned steps




Annexure- 01
(Debit card with the customer – cash withdrawn using fake card)

From:                                                                                                       Place:                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Dated:
Name …………………………………………... 
Address ………………………………………..
……………………………............................
………………………………………………….. …
Contact Mobile No:

To:
The Branch Manager,
.................Bank
Address.......................................................

Sir,
Sub: My savings bank account Number:........................................... with your branch/Your……………………………………………………….branch.
---------
With reference to my savings bank account with your branch as mentioned above,  I regret to inform you that I  got message through my mobile phone/I found from my pass book that my account had been debited for certain cash transactions purported to have been done by me using the debit card.  In this connection I would inform you that I am having my debit card with me and I and I was informed that cash had been delivered through automated teller machine/amount withdrawn using POS terminals as detailed below. . For the fraudulent transactions in my account, I am at no fault since I had not initiated the transactions using my card and as such I request you to kindly refund  the amount to my account as soon as possible  
Name of the account holder


Account Number


Debit card number


Name of the bank and branch where the  account is maintained

Date of transaction






Transaction time






Transaction amount
Rs.

Rs.

Rs.

Location of automated teller machine

ATM machine pertains to which (Bank/service provider)

Details of complaint
On the date and time as mentioned above, I was having the card with me and it has been found that cash had been withdrawn from automated teller machine/amount utilised through POS terminals and I am at not fault for the abovementioned  transactions since the transactions were not initiated by me.
In view of the circumstances as mentioned above, I request you to kindly arrange to re credit the amount to my account at the earliest. I shall cooperate with you for
Yours faithfully

Signature
Enc:


Annexure- 02
(Debit card with the customer – cash withdrawn using fake card)

From:                                                                                                       Place:                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Dated:
Name …………………………………………... 
Address ………………………………………..
……………………………............................
………………………………………………….. …
Contact Mobile No:

To:
The Customer Service Section,
.................Bank
Address.......................................................
Dear Sir,
Sub: My savings bank account Number:........................................... with your____________________branch
---------
With reference to my savings bank account number with your branch as mentioned above,  I regret to inform you that I  got message through my mobile phone/I found from my pass book that my account had been debited for certain cash transactions purported to have been done by me using the debit card.  In this connection I would inform you that I am having my debit card with me and I was informed that cash had been delivered through automated teller machine/utilised through POS terminals  . For the fraudulent transactions in my account, I am at no fault and as such I request you to kindly credit the amount to my account as soon as possible  
Name of the account holder


Account Number


Debit card number


Name of the bank and branch where the  account is maintained

Date of transaction






Transaction time






Transaction amount
Rs.

Rs.

Rs.

Location of automated teller machine

ATM machine pertains to which (Bank/service provider)

Details of complaint
On the date and time as mentioned above, I was  having the card with me and it has been found that cash had been withdrawn from automated teller machine/amount utilised through POS terminals I am at not fault for the abovementioned  transactions since the transactions were not initiated by me.
In this connection, I had already  furnished the details to your abovementioned branch on ___________and  they have neither recredited the amount to my account nor provided me any reply for my representation In view of the circumstances as mentioned above, I request you to kindly arrange to re credit the amount to my account at the earliest.
Yours faithfully

Signature
Enc:


Annexure- 03
(Debit card with the customer – cash withdrawn using fake card)

From:                                                                                                       Place:                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Dated:
Name …………………………………………... 
Address ………………………………………..
……………………………............................
………………………………………………….. …
Contact Mobile No:

To:
The Banking Ombudsman,
Address.......................................................
Dear Sir,
Sub: My savings bank account Number:........................................... with ___________________Bank, ____________________branch
---------
With reference to my savings bank account number with bank branch as mentioned above,  I regret to inform you that I  got message through my mobile phone/I found from my pass book that my account had been debited for certain cash transactions purported to have been done by me using the debit card.  In this connection I would inform you that I am having my debit card with me and I was informed that cash had been delivered through automated teller machine/utilised through POS terminals . For the fraudulent transactions in my account, I am at no fault and as such I request you to kindly arrange to refund t the amount to my account as soon as possible  
Name of the account holder


Account Number


Debit card number


Name of the bank and branch where the  account is maintained

Date of transaction






Transaction time






Transaction amount
Rs.

Rs.

Rs.

Location of automated teller machine

ATM machine pertains to which (Bank/service provider)

Details of complaint
On the date and time as mentioned above, I  was having the card with me and it has been found that cash had been withdrawn from automated teller machine/utilised using POS terminals. I am at not fault for the abovementioned  transactions since the transactions were not initiated by me.
In this connection, I had already furnished the details to the  abovementioned branch on ___________and  also to their customer service section of the bank on ____________ and they have neither recredited the amount to my account nor provided me any reply for my representation In view of the circumstances as mentioned above, I request your goodselves to kindly look into the matter and arrange to  re credit the amount to my account at the earliest. I enclose the copies of correspondence for your kind information and perusal
Yours faithfully

Signature
Enc:

No comments: