Monday, August 22, 2016

Fraud ATM transaction with my atm card number, even ATM card was with us. How can I get money back?

Query: Brother in foreign is using axis bnk atm debit card. Got sms of withdrwl for 2 day in small amnts. Our card ws nt used still shwing our no in trnsction. 65000/- withdrwn. Complained in bnk but nt geting confident response. Wht are possible steps 2 recover money back.?

Answer:

Recently a large number of frauds had taken place and are also taking place in automated teller machines.
This is very simple.
You might have used the debit card somewhere - automated teller machine or point of sale terminal with a business unit
In the case of automated teller machine, the miscreants attach a small attachment with the card insertion slot and it can be rarely seen from outside; however while inserting the card, the cardholder can find some difference - some jerk or some difficulty in inserting the card. The attachment captures all the data from the cards inserted.
The miscreant takes back the device and he decodes the message through one card reading machine and he is able to get the entire details just like a bank ledger.
He picks up the cards where more number of funds are available and duplicate cards are generated and using these cards they withdraw the money.
Your card will be at Chennai and the amount will be withdrawn at Cairo or Canberra. How this takes place? Of course, the software data is sold to foreign clients and they generate cards and take out the money.
Recently RBI had come out with clear instructions that commercial banks should pay the money withdrawn fraudulantly from the automated teller machines within three days from the date of receipt of complaint from the customer.
You have to complain and you should complain providing all the details.
And you should send a letter now itself because for non submission of the complaints within the stipulated time means - you are accepting the transaction. Go to RBI website and read their instructions in this connection.
I am providing herewith a format of letter for your use and fill up the details and submit the letter in person or by registered post or by speedpost.
You can also get the format from the following blog: OPEN WINDOW

You can contact me at my email id available at my profile page for further guidance in this connection



From:                                                                                                       Place:                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Dated:
Name …………………………………………... 
Address ………………………………………..
……………………………............................
………………………………………………….. …
Contact Mobile No:

To:

The Branch Manager,
.................Bank
Address.......................................................

Sir,
Sub: My savings bank account Number:........................................... with you
---------
With reference to my savings bank account number with your branch as mentioned above,  I regret to inform you that I had received SMS alerts informing me of cash withdrawals as per details as mentioned below even though I had not attempted to withdraw cash from any automated teller machines using my debit card and I furnish herebelow the details for your information so as to enable you to recredit the amount to my account:
Name of the account holder


Account Number


Debit/credit card number


Name of the bank and branch where the  account is maintained

Date of transaction


Transaction time


Transaction amount
Rs.

Location of automated teller machine

ATM machine pertains to which (Bank/service provider)

Details of complaint
I had not at all used my debit card for withdrawing cash from the automated teller machines. The card is with my possession
In view of the circumstances as mentioned above, I request you to kindly arrange to re credit the amount to my account at the earliest.
Yours faithfully


Signature

Enc: 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

Did you Receive any resolution on this? Same thing has happened with me wherein someone has withdrawn 40k from my account and I had the possession of the card all the time.